Monday, August 20, 2012

Give up suffering like you would a bad habit

by Aparna Khanolkar

photo by Zara

 I define suffering as a symptom of resistance to learning a lesson that one is meant to learn. Yes, sometimes it has it's place in that it teaches your valuable lessons. It does not serve you to feel sorry for yourself or place blame on others.

Make a choice, a commitment that you will learn the lesson with the least resistance. Which means you will suffer minimally or not at all. You can do this in two ways.


1. Learn the lesson easily by paying attention and being discerning.

2. If it is your karma to learn something the hard way, learn without blame, guilt or shame.

Declare an end to suffering and gain a new perspective. What's your new perspective?


You are not a victim.

Your experience has validity and meaning.

You are the creator of your own reality.

Within the core of the meaning is a great treasure that liberates you from suffering.

The moment you recognize that all of life's experiences are for your expansion, for making you more beautiful, wise and happy, you've given up suffering.

Who knows you might even consider it magical!

So the next time you find yourself singing the tune of suffering, answer the following questions.

1. What's my story?

2. Am I fully feeling my feelings? Yes, feel your feelings...be it anger, sadness, pride, ego trip, etc.

If you don't feel your feelings and stuff it with overeating, drinking, mindless activities such as TV viewing, you are still attached to your suffering.


3. What's the treasure in this for me?

4. Now what's my new story?

5. How can I celebrate the treasure I've discovered?

6. How am I richer+ wiser+ happier?

You deserve access to your inner wisdom. You are the creator of your own life's story. 


Ask yourself each day, "how am I crafting my story today?"

No comments:

Post a Comment