Monday, August 13, 2012

Get your JOY on!

by Lisa Beck
photo Darlene Foster


The older I get, the more I realize and embrace the power I have to create my experience. I cannot completely control what happens to me and to those around me, but I can control how I choose to react and what I choose to feel in any given moment. I can choose to focus on harmful thoughts or I can choose to focus on joyful thoughts.

Think of joy as your daily medicine. 



Being in a state of joy awakens all of your cells.
Joy heals your body.
Joy opens your world.
Joy connects you to your essence. 

Ask yourself the following questions on any given day: 
  • Have I laughed yet? 
  • Have I smiled at anyone? 
  • Who have I hugged? 
  • How have I brightened up someone's life this week? 

 Cultivate Joy. Make it a practice. 


Now, quickly think of 10 things off the top of your head that bring you the most joy. Next, write them down and think of ways to experience them in the weeks to come. Next, make it a goal to experience as many of these as possible this week. Cross them off as you experience them and add more to the list as you think of them.

The more joy you experience, the more your life will feel lighter, purposeful, and expanded.

Joy is Contagious.

Spread joy to all you come in contact with.

Practice random acts of JOY.

Watch your world change.

Keep us updated with your progress and Get your JOY on



No comments:

Post a Comment